Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Discrimination is a big issue for Suzie, most people can't look past the hammer."


I drew this with an ink pen on paper today. Sometimes these images come out of me, and I'm not sure why until after when I think about it, and then I can in some way relate it back to things that I've observed or been reading. A good friend just gave me a book by Edward Gorey and I was reading through it last night before I went to bed. I'd say to some extent he influenced my drawing today (that and I just bought a new ink pen.) I love Edward Gorey's work, and find him inspiring and delightful because he almost exclusively produces pen and ink drawings. He's made his mark with ink drawings that are typically smaller than a normal 8.5 by 11 page, which I find impressive. Also most of his work is so wonderfully original and contains such engaging tongue-in-cheek bits that it is very enjoyable. For anyone who likes ink drawings with odd characters, and humorous captions that border on the dark side, then check out Gorey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory