Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Odd Sense of Humour?


Thankyou to everyone who came out to the Vineyard craft sale! I would call it a success, as there seemed to me to be a steady steam of people flowing through the doors from the time it opened until the closing hours. This sale was a slight experiment to me as I didn't really know what to expect and if I could even sell enough art to make it worth it to have a table. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of sales I made. Between selling both art, art prints and photo prints I was happy with what sold. I think I only sold two original works, and oddly enough both of them were pieces that were not my favourites, and acutally not even my second favourites.

It was to be honest slightly nerve wracking for me to stand at this table and have people view my art and then comment on it. At times it was a relief to have people laugh at the humourous side of my drawings, but by the end of the day I was tired, and honestly found it slightly draining to talk to strangers all day about what I make and why I make it (To any Vineyard strangers who found their way to this blog, it's not that I didn't want to talk about it with you, it's just that it's new for me to have my art out there on display open to discussion). I had many people who made comments along the lines of, "You have a unique sense of humour," or "You have a very different perspective." These are things that I've known all along but it's still odd to have people tell you that.

I did truly appreciate the compliments that were given to me about what I make, as it's good to know that I'm not just some weirdo making bizarre images in my free time, but that at least there are poeple out there (though perhaps few of them) who actually like my images enough to pay money for them. I am talking of more so of my paintings and drawings because I consider my photography interest second to art and it makes sense to me that I could sell a photograph, because that's more accessible to people than a drawing of a Girl with a hammerhead.

Whether or not anyone likes what I make I'll continue to make it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Cool! I didn't know you were going to be sitting around there all that time. I might've made more of an effort to get over there. Do I recall hearing about another sale sometime, or am I mixing memories?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory