Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dong jun Lee-Illustrator and Designer





I came across the design and illustration artist Dong jun Lee who is from Korea, and thought that he has an interesting style. His illustrations are heavily line based with subtle colour schemes. The colours and some of the flow of lines actually feel feminine to me, but the drawings themselves are not, which is a nice contradiction. There is a nice flow of line and an assymetrical balance that carries each drawing well. The white backgrounds and use of white throughout the illustrations make them strong and clean looking. He has illustration, sketch, and design categories, but I found myself more intrigued with his illustrations. In a few pieces, something about the flow of lines feels faintly reminiscent to some aboriginal paintings, though I am doubtful that that was intentional.
Take a look at his work if you're interested, screen shots shown above were taken from his website:
http://dongjunlee.com/home.html

I don't know much about the artist himself, but he was a student at the Ontario College of Art and Design, and currently resides in Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory