Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mixed Media, Vegas, and Colour

It feels like ages since I last posted because I've been so busy the last few weeks with moving, going to Vegas, and lots of other life-filling things. I'll have to be more on the ball with posting, and will try not to fall behind in scanning images. I was on a roll last week with collage drawing/paintings. They were fun to do. I also started a Children's book Illustration course two weeks ago. I'm excited about it, but I'm not used to getting graded on my art anymore. I was honestly more than happy to leave grades behind when I finished my degree several years ago. I had a little flicker of fear during my first class when I realized I'd be getting marked on my images. It can be good to be reminded of that, especially as an art teacher. Here are some of my images from the past couple weeks, some of them inspired during a weekend jaunt to Vegas for a friend's wedding.

# 23 Violin Man


#24 I remember Iceland.


#25


#26 Blue Dress


#27 Handgun


#29 A Visit to the Atomic Testing Museum in Las Vegas, Nevada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory