Friday, April 22, 2011

New house, paint and watercolour Crayons...


A recent image I completed today. The text is a verse from a song by Gavin Sutherland. There are four verses, I want to illustrate each one. This week I acquired some watercolour crayons which I had never used before, but saw them for a good price and thought I'd try them out. They were really easy and nice to use. They are on par with watercolour pencil crayons, except are chunkier so it is easier to complete bigger areas faster. They are not as smooth as marker washes, which is what I do a lot of. I might try combining some crayon with marker washes and see if it's a good combination. I think the colour was slightly washed out in my scanned image, I could stand to up the colour a little in Photoshop. It's nice to have the time today to sit at my desk and do some art. I've been very busy lately with a lot of things, but namely that I bought a house, and got Posession last week! Here are few comments inspired by this recent purchase:


href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjI-KB-4Y9aHVXUsVFqiexUHYjEzp_m7kpp-ZKNPsclJGHmOsilDik6X1Epy1UGZTbqahL2-7pEfnUYQzdZDXoo253fUmgakKueA76LX3JngaSicZojhARzoQhICHUzdl4-zIk7xWSX6d8/s1600/Paint+invention2.jpg">

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory