Thursday, February 24, 2011


I visited ArtCity today, which got me excited for an upcoming March workshop that I will be teaching. They accepted me as a Community Artist to teach a one day workshop in book binding. Art city is a non-profit drop-in community art centre that "is dedicated to providing high-quality, free-of-charge art programming to participants of all ages." It is located in the heart of the West Broadway community. I walked in and the place was buzzing with activity, colour, children, and exciting props and costumes being made for a video workshop that was going on. It will be good to step out of the school setting for an afternoon, and into a different atmosphere, and imagine, actually teaching something where there are other adults there to help! Some people even volunteer to help out there!(Ok to be fair I do have some very awesome EAs who regularly work in my room with me, but they work with some specific higher needs kids, and not there as general help for the whole class.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory