Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A visit to the Imperial War Museum in London



Today as part of the illustration course that I'm taking we went to the Imperial War Museum. We drew people, tanks, planes, exhibits, and whatever interested us there. It was a well stocked and laid out museum. There were exhibits on children in England during World War II, Holocaust, World Wars 1 and 2, Food during the war, the terrorism in Northern Ireland,and others wars that the UK has been involved in. It was different getting the perspective of the Brits for the wars, since I am more familiar with Canadian History, and Canadians involvement invading France. I was less aware of the effect of the war on the actual Islands of Great Britain.

Here are a few of my drawings from today. I'm actually really enjoying going out and collecting images on site. It is a refreshing way to work that is new for me. The paper colour is off because I took the photos in my room, and should have really waited until it was light out tomorrow to get proper lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Directory