Monday, July 6, 2009

Don Nace's Drawn Out




I ordered the book "Drawn Out" by Don Nace, which arrived recently. I am intrigued, find his drawings alluring, and decidedly this was an excellent art book purchase. It reads as a form of a visual journal: black and white drawings document Don Nace's life-his struggles, joys, and perceptions. I find it glaringly and shockingly honest throughout many parts of the book. His style is strongly gesture-based, with lines and scribbles that make up the figures and relationships. Nearly each picture is narrated with a caption letting the viewer in on the events in the drawings. The majority of Don Nace's drawings were done on the subway train during his daily commute, which explains some of the abruptness of the drawing style. I first discovered Don Nace when doing a search for Art-a-day artists; artists who create something new every day. Don Nace is one of those artists who maintains a webpage with a new daily drawing. His site and his unique drawing style urged me to order his book. For his work check out: http://www.drawingoftheday.com/

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS GUY, WHAT IS HIS REAL NAME AND WHERE I CAN FIND HE??

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Directory